By: Rich DeMuro
Feb. 1, 2013
Technology is no stranger to the music industry; the next generation of music-making tools were showcased in this year’s National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) show and here are some things that caught our attention:
- 3D Systems had a 3D printed guitar that customers can design to their heart’s desire;
- IK Multimedia cool apps that can turn your mobile devices into a traveling recording studio;
- The nu desine team was showing off AlphaSphere, a new, soccer ball like instrument;
- Chromatiks was making learning music more social with an app and website;
- And, Fender Custom Shop was had on display a $120,000 guitar studded with diamonds. Not really tech, but still worth a mention.
Of course there were plenty of other great setups to check out that we didn’t get a chance to visit. For more information, visit NAMM.org.