This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A 16-year-old girl charged with killing her Uber driver was captured on Wal-Mart surveillance video “walking nonchalantly throughout the store” holding a knife in one hand and a machete in another, prosecutors said.

Authorities say Eliza Wasni later used those weapons to kill 34-year-old Grant Nelson in Lincolnwood, Illinois.

That’s just one of the details that Cook County State’s Attorney Michelle Cunningham revealed in a news conference Wednesday after Wasni appeared in court on first-degree murder charges. She is being held without bond for allegedly killing Nelson, of Wilmette.

According to Cunningham, Wasni hailed the first of three Uber drivers at about 1:25 a.m. Tuesday, and was driven to a train station in Des Plaines.

At 2:18 a.m., a second Uber driver took her from the train station to a Wal-Mart store. That’s when Cunningham says the teen removed a knife and a machete from their packaging at the store and walked around holding them.

Then she left Wal-Mart with the knife and machete, without paying, and was not stopped by any personnel, Cunningham said.

The third Uber driver, Nelson, picked up Wasni in his Hyundai Sonata a few blocks west of the Wal-Mart. About two minutes after Wasni got in the car, Nelson was stabbed by Wasni from the backseat, Cunningham said.

Nelson was able to maneuver his car into a condo apartment building driveway near Lincoln and Touhy, officials said.

He got out of the car and was heard banging and screaming at the lobby door saying “Help me! Help me! I’m going to die,” according to Cunningham. That’s when residents called 911.

Wasni tried to flee in Nelson’s vehicle but she hit a median near the scene, investigators said. She left the car, which was covered in blood, running in the middle of Lincoln Avenue and fled on foot.

Police found Nelson laying in the grass near the scene, officers said. He told officers that he was an Uber driver and that his passenger had attacked him. He was then transported to an area hospital where he later died from his injuries.

According to Cunningham, another group of officers later found Wasni crouched behind an office building’s air conditioning unit not too far from the scene. She had the machete in one hand and a knife in another.

When the teen refused to drop the weapons at the officers’ requests, one of them shocked her with a stun gun and she was taken into custody.

Autopsy results of the victim are still pending.

Wal-Mart did not immediately offer a statement regarding the incident.