With this week expected to be the U.S. Postal Service’s busiest week of the holiday season, officials are reminding residents of the deadlines to get packages mailed by Christmas.
USPS says it’s expecting significant increases in the volume of mail and packages this season and recommended the following shipping deadlines to get packages delivered by Dec. 25:
- Dec. 15: USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 18: APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express service
- Dec. 18: First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 18: First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 19: Priority Mail service
- Dec. 23: Priority Mail Express service
There are different deadlines for those shipping from Alaska and Hawaii.
Erin Myers reports for the KTLA 5 News on Dec. 15, 2020.