President Trump is kicking off a three-day, four-state trip to the West Coast with a brief stop in the Los Angeles area Tuesday afternoon.
The president will be raising money for his campaign and attending a meeting on the upcoming 2028 Summer Olympics.
Traffic is expected to be impacted from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills, where a series of road closures are expected to be in place during the evening rush-hour commute.
The Los Angeles Police Department urged motorists to avoid the following areas of L.A.’s Westside on Tuesday:
- 3 – 4:30 p.m.: South Centinela Avenue between Airport Avenue and Olympic Boulevard
- 3 – 6 p.m.: South Robertson Boulevard between the Santa Monica Freeway and Beverly Boulevard
- 5 – 8 p.m.: the city of Beverly Hills, particularly the area around Wilshire and Santa Monica boulevards and Rodeo and Rexford drives
- 6:30 – 8 p.m.: South Robertson Boulevard between Beverly Boulevard and the Santa Monica Freeway
- 7 – 8 p.m.: South Centinela Avenue between Pico Boulevard and Airport Avenue
In Beverly Hills, the following streets shut down at noon and were expected to reopen at 8 p.m.:
- Beverly Drive between Wilshire Boulevard and Dayton Way
- Canon Drive between Wilshire Boulevard and Dayton Way
- Clifton Way between Crescent Drive and Canon Drive
Crescent Drive between north and south Santa Monica Boulevard has been closed since 10 a.m. and was scheduled to reopen at 10 p.m., Beverly City officials said.
Meanwhile, the following areas will experience intermittent closures between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 pm., then again between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.:
- Robertson Boulevard between the city of Beverly Hills’ southern border (Whitworth Drive) and Wilshire Boulevard
- Wilshire Boulevard between Robertson Boulevard and Beverly Drive
- Crescent Drive between Wilshire Boulevard and North Santa Monica Boulevard
Trump arrived at Los Angeles International Airport around 4 p.m.
From there, he helicoptered to the Santa Monica Airport, from where a motorcade escorted him to the Montage Beverly Hills. A briefing with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, and with L.A. 2028 Organizers is scheduled to take place at the hotel.
Commuters can expect the streets surrounding the upscale hotel to be closed to traffic for several hours.
The president will also participate in a roundtable with supporters before delivering remarks at a fundraising committee dinner.
He will then leave Beverly Hills and return to LAX for a flight to Las Vegas around 7:45 p.m.
Trump returns to Southern California on Wednesday, with stops scheduled for Bakersfield and Rancho Mirage. In Bakersfield, the president will meet with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, where the two will discuss the state’s water supply and delivery issues.
Trump will then head to Rancho Mirage in Riverside County for a fundraising golf tournament.
The president also has stops planned for Phoenix and Colorado Springs, Colorado, before he flies back to Washington.
KTLA’s Kristina Bravo contributed to this report.