Suspected Drug House Catches Fire in Monrovia

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONROVIA, Calif. (KTLA) — Three people were hospitalized after an explosion and fire at a home in Monrovia that may have been sparked by drug processing.

Firefighters responded to a call of a person trapped inside a home in the 200 block of Walnut Avenue on Sunday morning.

When they arrived at the scene, they found three men in their 20s all suffering from burns.

Inside the home, they found dozens of canister filled with butane fuel. Investigators say the butane is used to process marijuana.

The victims were transported to a local hospital. They were expected to be transferred to a burn unit on Monday.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News