KTLA, Tribune Broadcasting’s Los Angeles CW affiliate, continues growing its viewership, registering impressive gains in key ratings demos in the recently-completed May sweeps period. KTLA’s local news is watched by more adults aged 18-49 and 25-54 than any other local news in Los Angeles.
KTLA IS L.A.’s MOST WATCHED EARLY NEWS LOCAL BLOCK 4-10A WEEKDAYS
More A18-49 and A25-54 continue to watch KTLA than any other local news
- KTLA News at 5A is #1 at 5a with Adults (0.6) and Women 25-54 (0.8). KTLA News at 6AM is #1 at 6a with Adults 18-49 (0.7) and Adults 25-54 (1.2, up +9%)
- KTLA News at 7-9A is #1 at 7a with Adults 18-49 (0.8) and Adults 25-54 (1.0), marking KTLA’s 4th consecutive May sweep win in both demos! KTLA News at 7a also stands as L.A.’s most watched 7-9a newscast, averaging 196K Persons 2+ per quarter hour.
- KTLA News at 9A is #1 compared to local news and talk with A18-49 (0.6) and A25-54 (0.8), marking its 3rd consecutive May sweep win with both demos.
KTLA is L.A.’s MOST WATCHED DAYTIME (1P & 3P) NEWS
- KTLA News at 1PM (0.5) and 3PM (0.4) were highly ranked with A25-54 among all weekday 11a-4p local newscasts. In its first May performance, KTLA News at 3p also improved KTLA’s time period delivery by 33%.
KTLA NEWS AT 10P TOPS THE COMPETITION
- 7 days a week, KTLA News at 10pm tops all 10p news competition with A25-54 (0.9) (+29%), besting KTTV’s Fox News 10p 0.8 (-20%) and KCAL’s 9 News 0.7 (-13%).
- In its first May sweep, KTLA News at 11p posted +25% growth with A25-54 (0.5) over May ’14 time period performances.
KTLA AM NEWSCASTS ARE #1 ON WEEKENDS 6-9A
- KTLA’s Saturday-Sunday 6-9a newscasts beat many local and national news options with A25-54, including a #1 A25-54 rank for News at 7a for both Saturday and Sunday telecasts. Like KTLA’s weekday AM news rotation, KTLA’s weekend 6-9a news rotation is also the most watched local block with A18-49 and A25-54.
“We are very proud that KTLA continues its legacy of local news leadership,” said Don Corsini, President and General Manager, KTLA. “Being #1 in the Morning, #1 at 10pm, throughout Daytime and Weekends is a testament to the dedication and the local connection felt so strongly by our entire news team. KTLA IS Los Angeles and we thank our loyal viewers for making us #1.”
“KTLA’s news teams work incredibly hard, and it is gratifying have our newscasts embraced by the viewers of Los Angeles,” said Jason Ball, News Director, KTLA.
Source: Los Angeles Nielsen Live+SD
Tribune Media Company (OTC:TRBAA) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, available in 73 million households, Tribune Studios, and Tribune Digital Ventures, including the websites Zap2it and TVByTheNumbers, and Gracenote, one of the world’s leading sources of TV and music metadata powering electronic program guides in televisions, automobiles and mobile devices. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds other strategic investments in media. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.